Buying a Home? Choose the Right Minnesota Real Estate Agent!
Far too many homebuyers don’t think about the impact a real estate agent has on every transaction. Often, they just show up at open houses or call the listing agent on the sign in front of a home for sale. It’s certainly possible to buy a home that way, but it may not be the best way to buy a home. In both of those situations, the agent showing the home or the agent on the sign is the seller’s agent. While all agents must follow real estate laws and act fairly, the agent representing the seller may not be the right agent for the buyer. Choosing your own agent when you’re looking for a home to buy is a better idea all around. A buyer’s agent is working for you, and has your best interests in mind at all times. All of our agents are members of the Northstar MLS of Minnesota, so we can help you with all of your searching. Here are some of the reasons why selecting a buyer’s agent can make a huge difference:
- The Seller Pays – All commissions in real estate transactions are paid by the seller of the property. Typically, those commissions are 5-7% of the selling price. Your buyer’s agent and the brokerage the agent represents usually share between 2.5-3% of the purchase price as their commission, with the balance going to the seller’s broker and agent. In most transactions, you pay nothing for the buyer’s agent services other than the Broker Commission of $395.
- You May Save Thousands – Think about it. The seller’s broker and agent have no incentive to agree to a lower price on the home you’re looking at. Your buyer’s agent will do a market analysis to make sure the MN MLS listed home is priced fairly, and can advise you with your best interest in mind. Relying on a seller’s agent can and does lead to homebuyers paying thousands more than the fair market value of a home. You need an expert on your side to make sure you’re getting good value for your money.
- Protect Your Legal Interests – Disputes over real estate transactions are more common than ever, and costly lawsuits are often the result. Buyers and sellers can agree to arbitration in the case of a dispute, but both parties must agree. You can rely on your buyer’s agent to help you understand the technicalities of your transaction and avoid future problems.
- Help with Choosing a Lender – Buyer’s agents are often a great source of information on reliable mortgage lenders, and know the mortgage market very well. An experienced agent can put you in touch with a reliable lender who has proven to be trustworthy and fair. This can help you avoid hunting around for a lender on your own, and perhaps being given a hard sell on a loan that isn’t the best choice for you.
- Providing Accurate Information in Your Interest – Active buyer’s agents rely on their satisfied clients to recommend them to others and to return to them for their next home purchase. What that means is that they are motivated to always keep your best interests in mind at all times, and to advise you both of positive and negative aspects of a particular transaction. A seller’s agent has just one goal: selling the home. Your own expert, experienced agent’s goal is to help you at all times to make the best possible choices at every stage of the transaction.
- Get Accurate Information – Your buyer’s agent, working for your best interests, can and will point out any negative issues with a particular MLS listed Minnesota property that the seller’s agent may not show you. Experience counts here. No home or transaction is perfect, and making the best decisions depends on having all the information you need. Where problems exist, a decision to walk away from a property and look at others can often be the best plan. Your buyer’s agent is on your side and wants you to be happy with your purchase in every way.
- Assistance with Negotiations – From making offers and counter offers, to making sure that all inspections and disclosures are done in your best interest, your buyer’s agent will make you aware of all issues that affect your decision. As your representative, your agent will work with the seller’s agent to assure that your interests are represented and will help assure that your offer gets presented in the best possible light, and that all terms of the agreement are properly presented. At all times, your agent can advise you and help you understand the transaction.
- Getting to the Closing Table – Real estate transactions are complex, and only an agent who has the training, including continuing training on the every changing laws and processes can smooth the way for a successful, on-time closing of a transaction. Your agent will help make sure that all documents are prepared correctly, and that the process that leads to a closing and your successful move into your new home proceeds in a timely, correct way with as few problems as possible. Having an expert on your team is your assurance of a successful real estate transaction.
Minnesota Real Estate Agents for Home Buyers & Sellers in Minneapolis St. Paul
Each of the over 70 licensed, professional agents and Realtors at our REMAX Realty team has long experience in Minnesota real estate, and maintains current knowledge through continuing education. Each has been involved in years of successful real estate transactions. We have agents throughout the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area who are intimately familiar with local market conditions. Whether you preview homes or other properties with our property lstings search tools, searching for properties listed with Participants of the Northstar MLS of Minnesota, or you contact us to search for you, please know we are here to help. Our agents are members of Northstar MLS, and we can use your criteria to find homes for you to see at any time. Your interests will always be our top priority, and our expertise will help assure you of a successful home purchase. Contact us today to get started on your journey to a great home.