Buying a House for the First Time? Our REMAX Team Wants to Help!
When you’re thinking about buying a home for the very first time, your excitement is probably combined with a lot of anxiety. Buying a home is the largest investment most people ever make in their lives, so that anxiety is natural. The key to making that decision is in having accurate information and getting advice from experienced professionals who deal with real estate issues every day. At our REMAX Advantage Plus, our team of over 75 professional licensed agents includes a number of Realtors who specialized in first-time home buying. Their experience in helping families new to home ownership through the many steps of buying a first home can make all the difference. Turning natural anxiety about this decision into a true understanding of the process is just part of how they help. Some of the decisions every first time homebuyer faces include:
- Is Now the Right Time to Buy? – The answer to this question is never easy. But, if you’re in a stable financial position, have a good job, and a good credit score, the answer is probably yes. If you’ve also saved up for a down payment on your first home, you’re in an even better position to make the leap to home ownership. Right now, you can probably buy a home for about the same monthly cost as your current rent, but instead of just handing over money to your landlord, you’ll be building equity in real estate. Our REMAX agents and Realtors will be glad to help you assess your readiness to make a home purchase, and will help you understand the benefits of making a decision to buy.
- How Much Home Can I Afford? – This is a crucial decision for every homebuyer. For your first home, you should base this decision on your current income, but also on your projections for the future. Buying a home you can afford without stretching too much is a much safer decision than trying to buy a home that is too expensive. Be realistic, and remember that unexpected things can affect your cash flow. Our experienced agents will be glad to help you with information about this decision. Fortunately, home prices are at a lower level than just a few years ago, so you may be able to afford more home than you expect. First-time home buyers often look at many Minnesota multiple property listings before purchasing. Our agents know how to guide them in find the homes that match their needs. All of our agents are members of Northstar MN MLS and we have full access to the MLS database. We are ready to search for the current listings that match your criteria and alert you when new MLS listings become available.
- How Do I Learn About Financing? You probably already have a relationship with a bank, savings and loan company, or a credit union. That’s a good place to start. An appointment with a loan officer at your own financial institution can give you a good idea about the size of the mortgage you can qualify for. Our REMAX team can also help you find a trusted mortgage lender. Many lenders are especially interested in lending to first-time home buyers. Once you know what your borrowing capacity is, you’ll be better able to start looking at homes.
- What About Special Programs? – If you’re a military veteran, buying a home using a VA Guaranteed Home Loan could be your very best bet. Such loans have helped many veterans purchase their first home. Other government programs may also be a great opportunity. These programs change frequently, but our REMAX agents can help you with information about special programs that are available to you. We stay on top of this always-changing situation.
- How Do I Choose a Real Estate Agent? – For your first home purchase, look for an agent who enjoys working with first-time homebuyers. Some Realtors don’t want to take the time required to help new homebuyers with all the questions that come up and don’t have the patience for first-time homebuyers who need more time and attention than others. We have several talented, professional agents who specialize in first-time home buying. All of our agents are licensed realtors who have the ability to access the complete MN MLS datbase for you. In Minnesota, a licensed agent has complete access to all the information available at multiple listing service provided by Northstar MLS. Their creative approach to helping such buyers, and their interest in helping people get into their first home will help make your home buying adventure a pleasure.
- How Can I Learn More? – To help first time homebuyers, our REMAX team offers free seminars and classes specifically aimed at that group. In those seminars you’ll learn everything you need to know about buying your first home, and get the answers to the many questions you have.
Please fill out the form below to receive a free emailed copy of the “t0 Minnesota First-Time Home Buyer Tips”
Helping Minnesota First-Time Home Buyers
At our REMAX Realty team, helping people buy their first home is a source of excitement for us. Unlike some other groups, we positively enjoy helping people with the excitement of buying a first home. And as agent members of Northstar MLS, you’ll work with friendly, patient, professional agents who specialize in this to assist you at every stage of your home buying experience. If buying a first home is in your plans, contact us today. Let us show you how we can help make your dreams a reality.