FREE Minnesota Real Estate Seminars – Minneapolis St. Paul
The Minnesota Real Estate Team of REMAX Advantage Plus is dedicated to helping Minnesotans learn the ins and outs of real estate. For both homebuyers and real estate investors alike, our informative, free seminars are designed to provide the information you need to achieve your goals in buying properties. Each month, we provide these seminars as a continuing way to serve Minnesotans interested in homebuying and investing. With all of our agents as members of Northstar MLS, we are here to help you with all of your real estate needs.
If you’re a first-time homebuyer, our special seminars just for you are a terrific introduction to buying your first home. If you’re interested in investing in real estate as a way to build true wealth, our Investment Property seminars will give you valuable insights into all aspects of investing. Advanced and specialized seminars are also scheduled, to help you build knowledge and develop effective strategies. At each seminar, you’ll have an opportunity to get answers to your questions from recognized experts in the Twin Cities.
All seminars are FREE. The events are now at “France Place,” address is 3601 Minnesota Drive, Bloomington, MN, 55435. This building is on the northeast corner of the France / 494 intersection, right behind Fuddruckers. We will have these seminars in the main conference room on the ground floor. The conference room is labeled “Training Center 175.” When entering the building from the north side, it is immediately on your left hand side.
FREE Real Estate Seminar Schedule
Registration is required for these seminars. To register for one of the seminars on the schedule below, please fill out the online form below or call us at 952-649-1456 or email Ryan@MnRealEstateTeam.com.
- Minnesota First Time Home Buyer Seminar – Thursday, December 21st, 2017, 6:30-8 PM – Are you considering buying your first home? Perhaps you are just looking for a low pressure location to start gathering information on buying your first home. Perhaps you are trying to determine what agent or company you should hire to help you through the process. Regardless of what stage of the potential buying process you are at, check out this free monthly first time home buyer class brought to you by The Minnesota Real Estate Team with REMAX Advantage Plus. Led by Charlie Leimer from The Minnesota Real Estate Team of REMAX Advantage Plus, this seminar will cover so many of the important topics: from the initial stages of learning how to get preapproved with a lender, what type of loan product to choose, to the ins and outs of the home shopping experience. We will cover all of the events and the process that takes place from the beginning offering stage to the day of closing as well. Stop on out to learn more about this informative, free event. Please know that there is never any rush or pressure when working with a top agent on our team. We are here to work on your pace.
- Investment Property 101 Seminar – Tuesday, December 19th, 2017, 6:30-8 PM – Have you wanted to invest in real estate but just were not sure where or how to start? Check out this free, monthly investment property seminar brought to you by the #1 selling real estate team in Minnesota. At this event, Ryan O’Neill, the leader of The Minnesota Real Estate Team, will share his personal experience from owning a number of rental properties since 2001. A number of outstanding topics are discussed: what type of property to choose, how to rent the property and find tenants, how to fix and flip, what type of loan product to use (Waterstone Mortgage covers some great financing details.) Learn from the real world investing experience of Ryan and so many other of the agents on the team who own investment property. No books, no tapes and no hard sales pitch: just real life, concrete examples on how you can begin or continue on investing in Minnesota real estate.
- Investment Property 101.5 Seminar – How We Do It – Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, 6:30-8 PM – You have now attended our Investment Property 101 seminar, and you want to learn even more. Perhaps you are wondering how you can put all of the information further into practice in today’s market? Dan Myers of our Minnesota REMAX Team this great class. Dan started out in our Investment Property 101 Seminar a few years back. During the course of his first year, Dan decided he really wanted to pursue this endeavor; he ended up purchasing seven investment properties with our team. After purchasing, rehabbing, and then renting out these properties, Dan then went on to get his real estate license. Now Dan of course is helping other investors to purchase investment properties. At the 101.5 seminar, Dan will walk you through the entire investment property buying process. He goes step by step with all types of print outs, contractor bids, rehab loans, Truth in Housing (TISH) reports, and cash flow analysis spreadsheets. You will see how the actual process is put together, as well as the projected monthly cash flow of the investment property. As usual, there is no cost or obligation by attending. Just outstanding information for you as a real estate investor in today’s Minnesota market.
- Investment Property 201 Seminar – Forming and Maintaining a Business Entity – New Date TBD – We invite you to join us for this seminar on Forming and Maintaining a Business Entity, presented by business and real estate law attorney Matthew Engel. Perhaps the most significant non-tax advantage of forming a business entity (LLC or S Corp) is its limited liability protection. Absent an agreement to the contrary (such as a loan guarantee), business entity owners should not be personally liable for the entity’s obligations. The most common business entity formed today is the Limited Liability Company (LLC). Care must be taken to act like a LLC to receive the protections of a LLC. Observance of the required company formalities is an important step in ensuring that the company is treated as a separate entity from its owners. In some instances, failure to observe these formalities can result in the owners being held personally liable for the business debts and liabilities of the LLC.
- The New Construction 101 Workshop – Future Date TBD – All too often when someone undertakes a new construction project, their expectations fail to survive the collision with reality. The end result can be undue stress and frustration during the process and coming in a little or even a lot over budget at the end. If new construction is something you are considering, then this workshop will give you what you need to decide if this is the right path for you. If you havealready made the choice to build, then you’ll learn how to navigate the process effectively, enjoy the experience along the way, and end up building the home of your dreams on-time and on-budget. At this seminar, we will cover: how to select the right Realtor and the role they will play throughout the project, wow to choose a lender, the ins and outs of financing new construction, and how to get the best rate, the difference between big builders vs. local and how to pick the right builder for you, the budgeting and design process including how to decipher and compare different builder’s bids, the keys to staying on budget and possibly saving money along the way, what you need to know about lot selection and purchasing, the 7 stages of construction you need to know once construction starts on your new home. Video about this event is here.
- Commercial Real Estate Seminar – “How to Buy, Build, & Repurpose Commercial Real Estate” – Future Date TBD – Why do businesses rent when they can own and pay themselves first? If you are a business owner you are probably already overwhelmed juggling the day to day merry go round. Most real estate companies help you buy/sell real estate, but don’t educate you to pay yourself instead of a landlord, and give you the resources to do so. Join us January 13, 2015 to show you options in buying, and how to buy, build, and repurpose a property right for your business.